growing new grass summer of 2016

I personally seeded a bunch of new lawn area this summer,unfortunately even after watering for some time i could not keep moister level in  the soil to where they needed to be, due  to the extremely high day and night temperature our area has been suffering under. One of the tricks i am going to try and  i recommend you do is to wait a few week when hopefully day and night temps fall a bit and reseed my bare but relatively new area with a mix that has at least 20% annual grass seed in it. Yes i know the annual percentage of that mix will die after the first frost.But it will germinate relatively fast  help shade the soil area a little and give the remaining 80% of the perennial mix a fighting chance. That’s the best advice i have for my gardening gang.

Best of luck from theinventor@shrubcoat.com

Leave Comments